Re: Drawing map grid with different major/minor line thicknesses

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 15:10:25 MDT

Hi Michael,

There's only one resource for changing the thickness of the map grid lines, so the way you need to do this is to create two maps, one with thin lines and one with thick lines.

You can then attach one map to the the other as an annotation.

Please see example 3 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mapgrid.shtml#ex3

Note that it's better to use a line thickness of 1.0 (or higher) for the thin lines and 3.0 for the thick lines, so they look better if you convert them to another format like png.

--Mary