Re: Small/Medium Circles..

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 01:25:52 MDT

[1]
PLEASE look at the printed output. It should be for *your*
information as part of *your* debugging efforts. It should
not be done and just sent off to ncl-talk. Examine this
to find problems. Only send if *you* have looked 1st
and can not determine the error.

For example:
   print(time(ifs)+" : "+min(slp2d)+" ("+imin(ifs)+","+jmin(ifs)+")")
yields
   (0) missing : 1003.26 (29,149)

Ummm, why is time(ifs) missing? Well if you look at the code
you can see that you commented out the line that creates time(ifs)
  ;time(ifs) = wrf_user_list_times(a)
so, uncomment the line.

  ;time(ifs)= chartostring( time(ifs)) ; why is this here? it is wrong

[2]
The error message says the error is at line 120.
Well, as part of *your* debugging, add print statements
*before* line 120. Look at
  do i=0,ndate-1
You have references to i+1, well when
i=ndate-1
the (i+1) refers to (ndate-1)+1=ndate.
This subscript is out of range. Is it not?.

print("debug: i ="+i)
print("debug: imin(i)="+imin(i)+" jmin(i)="+jmin(i))
print("debug: i+1="+(i+1))
print("debug: imin(i+1)="+imin(i+1)+" jmin(i+1)="+jmin(i+1))

xx=(/lon2d(imin(i),jmin(i)),lon2d(imin(i+1),jmin(i+1))/)

so is (i+1) the problem? If so, you may have to change the
loop to
   do i = 0,ndate-2

Dees the subscript exceed the bounds of lon2d???

Variable: lon2d
Dimensions and sizes: [south_north | 117] x [west_east | 150]

if imin(i)>116 or jmin(i)>149

or

if imin(i+1)>116 or jmin(i+1)>149

you have a subscript error.