Re: tick mark problem

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 02 2011 - 08:54:57 MST

Hi JinQ,

When you set the pm resource, you are limited in how much you can control the map tickmarks. You can change the size, color, and location, but not the spacing.

You didn't say what kind of map projection you have. If you have a cylindrical equidistant map, and want more control over the spacing of your tickmarks, you can go back to the default ones that you get when you *don't* set pmTickMarkDisplayMode, and then you can use tmXBTickSpacingF and/or tmYLTickSpacingF to change the spacing:

  res = True
  res@tmXBTickSpacingF = 15
  map= gsn_csm_map(wks,res)

If you have a different map projection, then see example 9 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mptick.shtml#ex9

--Mary