Re: turn off inland water plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 09:51:21 MDT

Dear Ed,

If you read the documentation for "mpMaskAreaSpecifiers", it says that this resource is not available when you're using the high-resolution map database.

I don't think there's anyway to turn off the inland water outlines created by the high-resolution map database.

My suggestion is to use a shapefile, so you can get exactly the high-resolution outlines that you need. Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

A good place to get shapefile data for various countries is gadm.org/country.

--Mary