Re: Problem regarding analysing TRMM 2A25 orbital HDF data in NCL

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2012 - 07:15:37 MDT

[1] A 'dump' of the variables on a sample file is at:
       http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/~shea/MOD04_L2.A2005004.dump
     As indicated in the dump, these are swath data and
     are not for a fixed geographical region.

[2] The data files are readily downloadable from the NASA url.
     The NCL project can not and will not "get the data" for you.
     Please address *all* data acquisition questions and questions
     about the contents of the files to NASA and not ncl-talk.

[3] If you have to use HDF and you are "not familiar with HDF data"
     I suggest you become familiar with it by reading HDF documentation.

http://modis-atmos.gsfc.nasa.gov/MOD04_L2/format.html

http://modis-atmos.gsfc.nasa.gov/MOD04_L2/index.html

  [4] NCL can read and plot the data (attached).

  [5] If you are not familiar with NCL, please read the documentation.
      eg: the mini-Language manual at
          http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/