Re: making dots in pattern 17 smaller

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 01 2012 - 15:00:25 MDT

I just examined the NGDOTS code (which is used to actually draw each dot for fill pattern 17) and found 1) that even though, as Rick noted, the minimum value that can be specified for fill dot size is 0.0001, in fact it looks like NGDOTS does not permit a size less than 0.001. The limitation appears designed to prevent the dots from becoming so small that some of them disappear completely. I agree with Rick that Mark's dots look bigger that what is possible even with these limitations in NCL. But perhaps it is worth experimenting with adjusting the limits in NGDOTS.
  -dave