trajectories crossing prime meridian

From: Cathy Smith <cathy.smith_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2012 - 09:03:26 MDT

NCL users
I am trying to plot trajectory paths using gsn_polyline on a polar
stereographic projection ( gsn_csm_map_polar). The paths plot nicely
except where they cross the prime meridian where they then plot a whole
latitude circle before finishing correctly. I looked up the issue in the
mailing list and saw that one should have pres@mpGreatCircleLinesOn=True
in the code. I tried that and it didn't appear to do anything. (I have a
sample image available if that isn't clear).

I know the longitudes switch from 360 to 1 for the errant trajectories
and I assume that is the issue. I'd like to avoid trying to change the
longitudes as I would like the code to work for any trajectory and the
code logic might be complicated. Is there an way to do this w/o changing
longitudes?

(I am using NCL v 6.0.0 on redhat linux.)

Thanks for any advice.

Cathy Smith