Re: Clip data outside CONUS?

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 16 2012 - 10:34:54 MDT

Hi Bart,
Your best bet is to map fill the ocean if all you want to do is mask the
contours over the ocean. Try setting these resources:
res@mpFillOn = True
res@mpFillColors = (/-1,0,-1,-1/) ; set ocean to white, all other
areas to transparent.
res@mpFillDrawOrder = "Draw" ; try either Draw or PostDraw

As you are modifying a *DrawOrder resource, other *DrawOrder settings
might need to be tweaked. See the DrawOrder page here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/draworder.shtml
Hope that helps! Adam