Re: interpolate pixel level data into regular grid

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2012 - 09:40:52 MDT

Chao,

It doesn't matter if your lat/lon are 1D. In fact, if your source grid is represented by 1D coordinate variables that are attached to your variable, then you don't need to specify them when calling ESMF_regrid.

You can see example ESMF_regrid_1.ncl on the same page. Note that the destination grid is specified by setting Opt@DstGridType to "5x5", but the source grid is not being specified. This is because the "temp" variable has 1D coordinate arrays.

--Mary