Re: Question about overlaying WRF plot on non-WRF plot [Was: (no subject)]

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 14:53:54 MST

Hi Merrill,

The wrf_vector plotting script simply creates a vector plot, and doesn't know anything about lat/lon coordinates. This is because usually you call wrf_vector as a precursor to calling wrf_map_overlays, which then does have the correct map information.

In order to get the overlay right, you need set some special vector resources for defining the lat/lon grid for the vector plot. Try this, and let me know if it doesn't work:

  wrflat = wrf_user_getvar(wf,"XLAT",0)
  wrflon = wrf_user_getvar(wf,"XLONG",0)
. . .
    opts@vfXArray = wrflon
    opts@vfYArray = wrflat
    vector = wrf_vector(wf,wks,u_plane(wtm,lv,:,:),v_plane(wtm,lv,:,:),opts)

--Mary