Parameter of function--filwgts_lanczos

From: Li Yang <liyang0711_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2012 - 10:16:44 MST

Hi,

I have two question to ask you.
First is,
I want to use *Band pass filters for* 2-7 years in the monthly data. But I
do not know how to select the parameter of this *function--filwgts_lanczos*.
How to select the best parameter (e.g. *nwt , how to select it?*).
And I also want to solve the End point problems(that is End point is valid
point),when I use the *function--filwgts_lanczos* to filter . How do I do.
Second is,
In this website http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/filter.shtml,
the *filwgts_lanczos* and *FFT* all use to Band pass filters.But I do not
kow which is best .And if I use *Band pass filters for* 2-7 years,the *
filwgts_lanczos* or
*FFT*?

Best Wishes