Re: tick mark can not work

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 30 2013 - 15:25:22 MDT

It is harder to control the tickmark spacing for plots over a map.

Instead of using tmXXX resources, try using special gsnMajorLatSpacing and gsnMajorLonSpacing resources.

See example mptick_4.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mptick.shtml#ex4

To make the default tickmark shorter, you need to set tmXBMajorLengthF. That controls the length of the whole tickmark, while "tmXBMajorOutwardLengthF" controls which part of the tickmark is pointing outward.

See example mptick_5.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mptick.shtml#ex5

--Mary