Re: Reading hdf metadata

From: Mohamed Abdel Kader <m.abdelkader_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 28 2013 - 10:53:43 MST

Dear Dr. Shea,
Thanks a lot for your support.
I am sorry for not being precise.

Sure, I have made many trials
1. The file formate is hdf4. (CALIPSO L2 AProv V3.01 file).
2. ncl_filedump gives the variables and the global attributes of the file but not the metadata.
3. When I open the file using ncl script I and print(fid) gives the same out as ncl_filedump.
4. I tried to change the file extension since sometimes it matters
referring to http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HDF.shtml

To be more specific, the meta data contains an array of altitudes of the LIDAR. I opened the file using hdfview and I check the meta.
If you need more information just let me know.

Thanks a lot