Re: sea level pressure functions pslec and pslhor

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 27 2014 - 08:24:59 MST

Sorry for the delay.

These 'sea level pressure functions' were amongst the 1st
functions included in NCL. The fortran codes were taken directly from a
model post-processor that ran only on NCAR's Cray computers.
They were developed for the CCM [now CAM] hybrid model because,
at that time, the models did not produce a sea level pressure variable.
Use with data sets not from the CCM/CAM models should be done with
caution because users would have to mimic model fields.

[1] pslec: The documentation has been substantially changed.
            See the Example
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/pslec.shtml

[2] pslhor: The documentation has been substantially changed.
            See the Example
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/pslhor.shtml

Good luck