Re: Panel Plots (WRF Output)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 11 2014 - 12:56:37 MDT

Hi Bob,

It would help if we could see a code snippet and/or a sample graphic. For example, are you using the labelbar that comes with gsn_panel (gsnPanelLabelBar), or a different one?

It sounds like you might be paneling plots that are different sizes. The labelbar might be disappearing because it is running out of space to be drawn in.

If you are paneling plots that are different sizes, then you may need to set gsnPanelScalePlotIndex to the index of the plot that is the largest. See examples panel_24.ncl and panel_28.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex24
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex28

--Mary