Re: Fatal Error Message

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 27 2014 - 07:20:43 MDT

[1] fatal:NclMalloc Failed:[errno=12]

    "I have been running a program on my computer, but this time
     the case time length is very long ..."

     I assume this means the array size(s) are much larger.

     You have run out of memory.

     If the primary variable is (say) 6GB and you have only 4GB,
     you will get a 'NclMalloc Failed' error. This is regardless
     if you have deleted all other variables.

     Do you know how much memory your computer has *available*?
     Do you know how much memory your main variable(s) need?

[2] One crude approach

     %> ncl lisaAlexander.ncl >&! z.out &
     Then immediately,
     %> top

      This will show you the memory usage of your job.