Re: FW: Anual Mean Precip

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2014 - 15:05:34 MDT

If you are "new to NCL usage", please read the Mini-Language manual
       http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

Have no knowledge of "HIRAM Model" structure
Guessing from the grid dimensions the data are on a rectilinear grid.

As noted in a previous response, you should associate coordinate
info with the PRC variable. If it is not available, you can
generate via:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/latGlobeFo.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/lonGlobeFo.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/lonGlobeF.shtml
  nlat = 720
  lat = latGlobeFo(nlat, "lat", "latitude", "degrees_north") ; S->N
       ; (0) -89.875
       ; (1) -89.625
       ; (2) -89.375
       ; [SNIP]
       ; (717) 89.375
       ; (718) 89.625
       ; (719) 89.875

  If you want N->S
  lat = lat(::-1) ; NCL syntax
       ; (0) 89.875
       ; (1) 89.625
       ; (2) 89.375
         SNIP
       ; (717) -89.375
       ; (718) -89.625
       ; (719) -89.875

=======================

  mlon = 1152
       ; offset grid
  lon = lonGlobeFo(mlon, "lon", "longitude", "degrees_east")
       ; (0) 0.15625
       ; (1) 0.46875
       ; (2) 0.78125
         [SNIP]
       ; (1148) 358.9062
       ; (1149) 359.2188
       ; (1150) 359.5312
       ; (1151) 359.8438

or
       ; non-offset grid
  lon = lonGlobeF (mlon, "lon", "longitude", "degrees_east")
       ; (0) 0
       ; (1) 0.3125
       ; (2) 0.625
         [SNIP]
       ; (1148) 358.75
       ; (1149) 359.0625
       ; (1150) 359.375
       ; (1151) 359.6875

Also for starting at or ofset from the date line

    lon = lonFlip(lon)
    lon = where(lon.ge.180, lon-360, lon)

    printVarSummary(lon)

re: PRC [360] x [720] x [1152]