regridding faster with rcm2rgrid?

From: Paula Doubrawa <pdoubraw_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2014 - 18:04:29 MDT

Hello, everyone-

I am using *rcm2rgrid* successfully to go from a very specific satellite
curvilinear grid to a rectilinear grid.

I am looking for some advice on how to make it work faster.

The original data has 1539 x 830 points. When I try to go to 400 x 300
points, it takes 6 minutes to regrid one variable. Is this normal?! I was
hoping to go to 400 x 900.

>From the original data, I am only interested in a portion of it that falls
within a 2 degree x 6 degree box. Even within this box, several points are
just missing data (as my valid data is only on water).

Is rcm2rgrid still looking at every single point of the original data,
outside or inside my box (my box meaning what I defined my lat1d and lon1d
to be), and also looking at each missing value which could be using a lot
of time? Is there a way to make it ignore the missing values so it runs
faster? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Additionally, is it possible to see the code that is doing this work so I
can understand it better and try to plan accordingly to maximize efficiency?

Any advice is appreciated!
Thank you very much,
Paula

--