Re: fonts: bold and italics?

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 24 2014 - 13:38:55 MDT

Hi Leslie,

As far as I know, there is no combo of bold&italic font, and getting an arrow over a letter is do-able, but far from "non-excruciating" :-/ I presume you've seen the use of "function codes" for special text effects:

        http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/function_code.shtml

and these examples using function-codes to typeset equations:

        http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/#vis_008

Rick