Re: Function call for a different sort of phase diagram

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 13 2014 - 10:44:16 MDT

As noted in the following URL

     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mjoclivar.shtml

the MJO diagnostics were developed to match the diagnostics
proposed by the US-CLIVAR MJO working group. The original
url is

     http://climate.snu.ac.kr/mjo_diagnostics/index.htm

There is a formal paper at

     http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/2008JCLI2731.1

===

The number of phases and names [8] was specified by the working group.
You can make as many phases and names as you wish.

Of course .... the task is "doable". However, somebody needs
to do the "doing" !

To my knowledge, there is no "generic phase diagram" .
You can create your own or copy the "mjo_phase_background"
and modify.

Good Luck