Re: NCL on Cygwin: PCFFHL -- Invalid fontcap encoding encountered

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 03 2014 - 08:23:13 MDT

Argh, sorry Rick, I didn't see your response to this! My mailer wasn't =
showing this response with the original question.

Looks like a case of a user not giving us the full picture of the =
problem!

Thanks for looking into this.

--Mary

On Jun 2, 2014, at 10:28 PM, Ruping Mo <rupingmo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Thank you for your help. I tested the program attached in your email. =
Below is the output:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
------------

> I tested it with other versions of NCL (6.1.2 and 6.1.0) and the =
outputs are all the same (So my previous statement of earlier version is =
incorrect). So it could be problems associated with CYGWIN 1.7.29

> I have checked the environment variable NCARG_ROOT and it is correctly =
set.

> Ruping
>

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Ruping Mo <rupingmo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed the latest 32-bit Cygwin on my 64-bit new computer, and =
then downloaded the precompiled binary of NCL 6.2.0 for Cygwin. When I =
tried to run the basic test with "ng4ex gsun01n -clean", I got the =
following error message:
> PCFFHL -- Invalid fontcap encoding encountered.
>
> The NCL 6.1.x doesn't has this problem.
>
> It seems like a problem associated with C or Fortran library. Could =
you tell me how to overcome it?