Re: extract data according temperature level

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 19 2014 - 11:44:57 MDT

Without more information about your data, we can't tell you exactly how to
subscript it.

If your data variable is called "x" and has 1D coordinate arrays, then
subscripting is easy:

x_subset = x({-20:0},:)

This assumes you are wanting to subscript in latitude and not longitude.

If your data variable is associated with a 2D latitude and longitude grid,
then you can use the "getind_latlon2d" function to get the i/j index
locations that are desired:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/getind_latlon2d.shtm=

For more information about subscripting, please see the mini NCL reference
manual:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/language_man.pdf

--Mary