maximize panel plots created by viewport specifications

From: Verena Lili <verena.prick_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 19 2014 - 10:38:31 MDT

Hallo,

I recently created multiple plots via viewport specifications as in this
example (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/panel_9.ncl). The
reason I did not use panel plot function because I have specific issue with
the overlay function.
Well, the multiple plots look OK locating in each zones as I defined before
using vpX/vpY/vpWidth/vpHeight resources. Once I compiled my plot using
X11, it seems that all figures fit withhin the whole page, BUT when I print
them in PDF format, the figures do not occupy the whole page. I
experimented using the RESIZING technique
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/resize.shtml but it does not effect
the output in PDF. Any Idea how to remove the white border in pdf , i.e.
how to maximize the plot in ton the whole page.

Thanks

--
Regards,
Dr. Verena.