Re: WRF Cylindrical Equidistant Projection NCL

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2014 - 09:29:05 MDT

Hi Warren,

There are two possible issues here:

1. You can only use wrf_user_ll_to_ij on WRF-ARW files. This function
expects the file to have certain file attributes, like MAP_PROJ, in order
to determine the correct map projection.

2. You need to remember to subtract 1 from the results, because this
function returns in the indexes in "Fortran" style, starting the index
count at 1, whereas in NCL, indexes start at 0.

Please see the documentation at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_ll_to_ij.shtml

to make sure you are using this function correctly.

--Mary