Re: bugs in gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay ?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 10:53:13 MDT

Chang,

I need more information. Are the plots only wrong when you try to panel
them, or are they also wrong when you draw them individually? Are you
getting any error messages? It would help if you could provide a sample
image, and error messages, if any.

Generally, I recommend using gsn_csm_contour_map/gsn_csm_contour/overlay in
lieu of gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay.

For an example that uses both methods, see our "overlays" page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml

The second example (overlay_2.ncl) is the way you are doing it now, and the
first example (overlay_1.ncl) is the way I recommend doing this. It just
gives you more control over the ordering of the plot elements.

If things are not getting overlaid in the right place, this usually means
that there's a issue with with the lat/lon coordinates you are providing to
the routine. Make sure that your lat/lon coordinates are correct and in the
expected range. Sometimes people accidentally swap the lat/lon variables in
their code.

If you still can't figure out the source of the problem, then seeing your
code may help. Please post back to ncl-talk and not to me directly.

Thanks,

--Mary