Re: mpCenterLonF in hluresfile

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 09:53:49 MDT

    > I have a question on the behaviour of gsn_csm_contour_map_ce.
    > I would like to have the centre of longitudes at 180 in most cases,
    > so I set mpCenterLonF to 180.0 in .hluresfile.
    >
    > However, with some data I get longitude labels set to (-180, 180)
    > although the map and contours set to (0, 360).
    > If I set mpCenterLonF explicitly in the plotting source,
    > I have everthing set OK.
    > Is this an expected behaviour?

    Yes, because the "gsn_csm" templates set a lot of resources for you,
    in order to get the "look" of the plots that the CCSM required. The
    gsn_csm_*map* templates explicitly set "mpCenterLonF" to 0, which
    overrides the setting you put in the .hluresfile. So, as you saw,
    you will need to set mpCenterLonF explicitly in your script to get it
    to work properly.

    > By the way, I would be interested if any progress has been made
    > on the use g77 code with ncl on Mac OS X.

    No, this is still on my list of things to research. Apparently,
    generating shared objects under MacOSX is not a trivial thing. I sent
    email to a Mac mailing list on this topic, and those folks were even
    unable to provide suggestions.

    I will be sure to post something to this group once I get it figured out.
    If there are any MacOSX experts out there, then I'll be more than
    happy to hear any ideas you might have!

    --Mary