contouring

From: Hauss Reinbold (reinbold AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 17:36:07 MST

Hey all,

Is there any way to contour randomly positioned data (station data)
without interpolating it to a grid first? I know there are several easy
functions for interpolating random data into the grid size of your choice,
and I've seen statements in the help archives implying that random data
has to be gridded before ncl can contour it. However, I know GMT can
contour station data using some sort of triangulation method and I'm
wondering if anyone knows if NCL has a similar feature. If it
does, I haven't found it yet. Thanks.

Hauss Reinbold