Re: resources

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 07:48:19 MST

    On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:53 AM, Marjolaine Rouault wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to load some resources from a file and save my plot into
    > a postscript file with a name different to that of the resource file.
    > Is that possible? I have looked at the examples and can not find
    > anything like that.
    >
    > Also, i have tried using my resource file within the ncl program and
    > it does not see it. I call the resource file sst.res into the ncl
    > program by giving the command:
    >
    > wks = gsn_open_wks("ps" ,"sst.res")
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help. Marjolaine.

    Hi Marjolaine,

    You can try using the "wkPSFileName" resource:

       type = "ps"
       type@wkPSFileName = "psfile"
       wks = gsn_open_wks(type,"sst")

    Your PS file name will be "psfile.ps". Note that I removed the ".res"
    suffix from the second argument. This is
    because NCL will internally append the ".res" suffix. The way you had
    it above, NCL would have looked for
    a file "sst.res.res".

    A side note: the setting of the wkPSFileName resource may cause some
    warning messages like:

    warning:_NhlSetValues:wkPSFileName does not have "S" access

    You can safely ignore these. I will fix the code in a future release so
    the warnings go away.