Re: resources

From: Marjolaine Krug (mkrug AT egs.uct.ac.za)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 05:12:33 MST

Dear Mary,

Thanks to your help I have managed to plot the output to a different PS
filename. However, my program still does not seem to understand my resource
file. I am confused on how to set the resources in the resource file.
In my NCL program, I make the plot with the call:
map = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,sst,res)
where res = True, and sst is my variable.
Inside my res file, i have placed definitions such as:
!
! Tick marks
!
*tmXBLabelFont = "Helvetica-bold"
*tmYLLabelFont = "Helvetica-bold"
*tmYLLabelFontHeightF = 0.012
*tmXBLabelFontHeightF = 0.012
*tmXBMajorLengthF = 0.006
*tmXBMajorLengthF = 0.003
!
! Contour
!
*cnFillOn = True
*cnLinesOn = False
*cnRasterModeOn = True
*cnFillDrawOrder = "PreDraw"
*cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
*cnMinLevelValF = 15.
*cnMaxLevelValF = 30.
*cnLevelSpacingF = 0.5

These contour or tick mark settings are not "seen" by my NCL program.

What am I doing wrong???

Sincerely, Marjolaine.