Re: Contour labels

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 08:49:09 MDT

    On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Michel dos Santos Mesquita wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have plotted some correlations on a N.H. map but I was not able to have
    > contour labels in all the countour lines.
    > When I try to use some resources to achieve that, I get messages saying that
    > the resources I am trying to use are not available for that situation/case.
    > Which resources should I actually use to get contour lines in all the lines?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --
    > Michel Mesquita
    > michel.mesquita@student.uib.no
    > University of Bergen - Norway

    Hi Michel,

    Usually, if you get a message saying that the resources you are trying
    to set do not apply to the type of visualization you are creating,
    this either means the resource is spelled incorrectly, or it is being
    applied to the wrong type of plot. For example, if you try to set
    contour resources when you are creating a vector plot, you will get
    these kind of messages (unless you are calling a contour/vector
    template which does both kinds of plots).

    I would need to see your script to see why you are getting the errors,
    but meanwhile, visit this page for more information on contour labels:

         http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/contourLab.shtml

    Example 3 is probably a good place to start.