Re: Colormap and EPS/PDF

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 09:13:20 MDT

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Michel wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have plotted some maps using the colormap BlWhRe. When I view my
> graphs on an X11 window, they look ok, but when I open the eps/pdf file
> saved, the colors are completely changed. Why?
> The resources I used are:
>
> res@gsn_define_colormap(xwks,"BlWhRe
> <mailto:res@gsn_define_colormap(xwks,> ")
> res@gsn_SpreadColors=True
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michel Mesquita
> Univ. of Bergen - Norway

Michel,

I would need more information here about what you mean by the colors
being completely changed. Have you actually tried printing the EPS or
PDF file on a color printer? The problem might be just in displaying
the file on your screen, as it is possible you are running out of
enough colors to display your PDF/EPS file. If you think this might
be the case, try completely quitting out of other applications that
might be taking up a lot of colors, and then redisplaying your EPS/PDF
file.

If you want, you can email me the file separately and I'll take
a look at it.