Re: Is there a way to have area filled continents show through a filled contour plot?

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:48:55 -0600

Hi Alex,

Unfortunatley, no, there isn't. The best alternative is to use Fill
Patterns to shade either the contours or the continents. Your best bet
is to probably use fill pattern #17 to fill the continents.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/mp.shtml#mpFillPattern

res_at_mpFillPattern = 17

You can then change the scaling of the pattern by setting mpFillScaleF

Good luck,
Adam