Re: Average over an irregular domain

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2011 - 07:32:39 MDT

Not sure if there is an "easy way" but you can use
the "gc_inout" function to get the grid points you want.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml#ex4
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml#ex5

These uses shapefiles to define the boundary.
You can use your own lat/lon boundaries if you wish.