Re: wind divergence calculation for lat, long grid u,v

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Nov 05 2011 - 07:37:46 MDT

The request is not clear. Define "wind divergence".

PLease look at the NCL functions and examples

If you have global data:
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wind.shtml

If your data is not global, you could use
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/uv2dv_cfd.shtml
to compute divergence from the wind.