Re: Attach lat/lon to variables

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 07 2013 - 08:01:58 MST

Hi Tracy,

The special lat2d and lon2d attributes are for when you are plotting over a map. In your case, you are just plotting straight contours.

Try setting these additional resources:

  resTer@sfXArray = lon
  resTer@sfYArray = lat
  resQv@sfXArray = lon
  resQv@sfYArray = lat

This provides coordinate information to gsn_csm_contour and will hopefully get rid of that warning.

If you have problems with tickmarks, you might also try:

  resQv@trGridType = "TriangularMesh
  resTer@trGridType = "TriangularMesh

--Mary