Re: multiplot for different aspect ratio

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2013 - 09:35:20 MDT

Just an FYI: sometimes you can use gsnPanelScalePlotIndex in conjunction with gsnPanelXF and/or gsnPanelYF.

These two resources allow you to fine-tune the location of the plots, and will allow you to line up the leftmost or topmost edge of the plots. You can first set res@gsnPanelDebug = True to have gsn_panel print out what actual values are being used, and then fine-tune these values as needed.

See example panel_19.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex19

--Mary