design of paneled bar charts

From: Kristina Fröhlich <kristina_froehlich_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 09 2013 - 03:54:53 MDT

  Dear all, I have two questions on the design of my plots: 1.  I want to display a panel of statistical plots over a map and I am confronted with the different size of the barcharts which results in "hopping figures", see the colored plot. I searched for a possibility of a fixed y-axis but could not find such a ressource. is there any trick? If possible I want to avoid plotting a transparent dummy bar because this seems to me making the code a bit "intransparent". 2. I tried to display the same figure drawing only the outlines of the bars. Here, I was not able to control neither the linethickness nor a line color, although I applied the following ressources  tres@gsnXYBarChartOutlineOnly= True   tres@gsnXYBarChartOutlineThicknessF=4.   tres@gsnXYBarChartFillLineThicknessF=10. Since I plan to overlay later two,..., of such statistics for comparison I would be happy to get a solution for this Thanks in advance, Kristina