Re: length of vector reference

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 20 2013 - 16:14:58 MDT

Hi Jian,
Yes, gsn_panel resizes the plots and as you have two different sized
plots the reference vectors will likely get resized to different values.
I am not sure of an automatic way to do what you want; a developer will
have to chime in on whether an automatic way exists.

But, one way to do it would be to bypass using gsn_panel and to use the
vpXF/vpYF/vpWidthF/vpHeightF resources to manually draw your two panels
on the page. See example #9 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex9

Hope that helps. If not, please respond back to the ncl-talk email list..
Adam