Re: Reference vector not shown

From: Luis Cesareo Cana Cascallar <luis.cana_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 11 2013 - 04:39:51 MDT

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help. I've moved the reference vector into the plot because there is a label bar at the bottom of the figure and I thought that the reference vector would be overdrawn by the bar. I´ve looked for some ncl examples combining vectors, maps and contours. All of them use gsn_csm functions and procedures. However, I'm using the WRF-NCL package to plot them (wrf_vector). Perhaps this is the reason. The documentation of this function states that:
"Other vector resources are internally set by this routine:

  * vcGlyphStyle<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/vc.shtml#vcGlyphStyle> - "WindBarb"
  * vcWindBarbColor<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/vc.shtml#vcWindBarbColor> - "black"
  * vcRefAnnoOn<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/vc.shtml#vcRefAnnoOn> - False (default is normally True)

"
How could I change this internal setting to vcRefAnnoOn to True, as it should?

Best,

Luis

El 10/10/2013, a las 17:40, Rick Brownrigg <brownrig@ucar.edu<mailto:brownrig@ucar.edu>> escribió
Hi Luis,

I don't really know for certain what's going on. However, what happens if you comment out this line:

opts_v@vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF = -.535

The docs for vcRefAnnoSide indicate its default setting is "Bottom", and further that vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF is constrained to be positive. I take it you're not get errors/warnings?

Hope that yields some insight…
Rick