Re: About function smthClmDayTLL

From: Waqar Younas <vickyqau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 18 2013 - 13:40:58 MDT

Thank you for your response.
HighFreq = OriginalData - smthClmDayTLL would mean that removing the first
nharmonics (where n can be any number) from the data? Is that right? I
think that is what i need.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu> wrote:

> HighFreq = OriginalData - smthClmDayTLL
>
> Will give you the high frequenncy data.
>

> On 10/18/13 12:34 PM, Waqar Younas wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I am working on MJO analysis where we require to remove the time mean and
>> first three harmonics from the data for further analysis. I noticed that
>> the NCL function smthClmDayTLL retains the number of harmonics which means
>> if we set nhar= 4 it will retain the first 4 harmonics in the data and set
>> zero all others. Is there any method where i can remove first three or
>> four
>> harmonics from the data instead of retaining them? Any help will be
>> greatly
>> appreciable.
>> Thanks.

Best Regards
Waqar Younas
PhD Candidate
Natural Resources and Environmental Studies (NRES)
University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)
Canada