Re: Paneling attached plots

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 28 2013 - 12:53:19 MDT

Hi folks,

I think to get the "plot_with_attach" function to work, you just need to make sure that the return attribute name is unique.

So, instead of:

> base@attached = gsn_attach_plots( base, side, False, False)

use:

  str = unique_string("attached")
  base@$str$ = gsn_attach_plots( base, side, False, False)

"str" will be "attached1" the first time, "attached2" the second time, etc.

I created a version of panel_10.ncl that panels the attached plots. See "panel_attached_10.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex10

--Mary