Re: U.S. shapefiles

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 08 2013 - 11:38:08 MST

Keith, Not sure if this answers your question:

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/Downloads/impacts-adaptation/q-and-a-session.pdf

See Question 3

"Ken Kunkel: [SNIP] I think our goal barring some
alternative feedback would be that all of the maps that we have in
the report, we would be moving towards getting the shape files, the
map layers that went in to producing those maps out there. So that
would include the actual, you know, data, I think the raster files
that are used along with the map overlays and so on.

So the plan would be, that would probably be the first thing we
work on, and those would be available off the website, directly
off the website."

So, my guess is that if the shapefiles are not available on the
web site, tehy are not ready yet.

That said, it may be possible to cobble together assorted
shape files to mimic what is needed.