Re: Question about wkSpaceTime

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 13 2013 - 15:49:01 MST

The 'too many files' (~1200) is, I think, a system issue.

Note the FAQ # 26 under: File input/output

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/
FAQ: I'm running into a problem when opening lots of files with
addfile or addfiles ("Too many files open").

     If you need to open lots of files with addfiles, then call
setfileoption as follows, before you call addfiles:

          setfileoption("nc", "SuppressClose", False)

     The number of files you can have open at any time is dependent on
your system. A general limit seems to be around 1024.

Let ncl-talk know if this solves your issue.