Re: Drawing streamlines freezes NCL script

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:12:26 -0600

Samuel,

Localizing the problem to gsn_csm_streamline is good information.
That grid size is reasonable for streamline.

We have made many NCL streamline plots here with good results. I
see that NCL support is taking a look at your script. You might
just want to wait for their reply.

They only other strategy that I can suggest is to put
gsn_csm_streamline in standalone plot mode, maybe change to a
simpler input file, and reduce the script and array size down to the
absolute minimum to make a streamline plot. I believe there are
working examples on the NCL website that you should be able to morph
into your data.

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/psd1/