Re: Strange lines in plot

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 11:31:36 MST

Hi Wee-Beng,
I ran your script, and my result looks fine. (See attached .jpg.) I used
HadISST for sst's, and the NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis for near surface winds.
My graphical output type was a .ps file, and there wasn't a difference
if I output to x11. I didn't touch any of your graphical resources.
(See attached script.)

I would also highly recommend you download and install the .hluresfule
as is described here: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml
This changes, amongst other things, your default font type to helvetica...
Adam

On 01/27/2010 03:57 AM, Wee-Beng Tay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a vector + contour plot. I noticed that there are strange lines
> (black circle) appearing in my output. I wonder how I got them. There is
> no such problem if I only draw a vector plot. Can someone enlighten?
>
> I have attached my ncl file as well as the jpg of the output.
>
> Thanks alot!
>
> Wee-Beng Tay

Adam Phillips
asphilli@ucar.edu
National Center for Atmospheric Research   tel: (303) 497-1726
Climate and Global Dynamics Division         fax: (303) 497-1333
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cas/asphilli