Re: label bar with pointed ends

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 08 2010 - 09:25:46 MST

Hi Rob,

You are not the first person to ask for this, and unfortunately it
can't currently be done (very easily) with NCL.

We already have a ticket open on, and I'll add your request to it.

Normally I would tell folks to retrieve the edge locations of the
labelbar, so you could draw little triangles at each end yourself
using gsn_polygon_ndc.

The problem is, I don't know how to get the edges of the labelbar
boxes themselves, so you know where to put the triangles. You can get
the invisible box that encompasses the whole labelbar, labels
included, but this isn't very helpful.

--Mary