Re: (no subject)

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Jul 10 2010 - 13:27:50 MDT

On 7/10/10 2:03 AM, lumos.leee wrote:
> I was wondering if I can ask some questions to this mail list now?

yes
====
Please make the questions clear. Include the
version of NCL you are using:

%> ncl -V

====

Also, if new to NCL it is best to read the following manuals:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

Mini-Language (pdf)

Graphics (pdf)

====
Finally, read the error messages. Generally, they tell you waht the
issue is:

eg:

"dimension sizes of left hand side do not match right hand side"

So if you have something like

    x = y

and you get that nessage it means ... just what it says.

   y may be (10,20,30)

x may already exist and be of a different size/shape x(3,2)

Generally, the user has made a programming error.

Use "printVarSummary" and to a lesser extent "print"

that is what 'we' do.

===
Good luck