Re: how to move the individual

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 30 2013 - 10:09:05 MST

Without seeing your script, I'm not sure how you are creating the plots. The issue is simply that your 2nd plot is too far over to the left for the Y axis title to be visible.

If you are using gsn_panel, you can try using "maximize_output" to resize all of the plots so they fit. I think for this procedure to work, however, the plots need to be made smaller so they all fit on the page, and then this procedure will make them just big enough to completely fill the page. See "annotate_6.ncl" and "annotate_7.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/annotate.shtml#ex6

Or, you can try decreasing the amount of white space in the X direction, if you are creating a panel plot. If your panel resource variable is called "pres", then:

pres@gsnPanelXWhiteSpacePercent = 0.0 ; no white space

Or, see example "panel_19.ncl" on the panel examples page, which shows how to move individual plots over using gsnPanelXF:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex19

--Mary