Problem plotting two profiles

From: Luis Cesareo Cana Cascallar <luis.cana_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 13 2014 - 08:53:06 MDT

Dear all,

I’d like to plot the profiles of two WRF outputs into a single XY plot graph. Both simulations files have the same levels (50); the only difference comes from their profiles: the first one is the standard and the second one is parabolic. I’ve written a script to plot both into the same XY plot but there is an error somewhere I can’t find.

The relevant information is stored in the variables named z1 and z2. I added to the script several lines to check the consistency of both z1 and z2, and this is the output:

 ****************************
NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

Variable: z1
Type: float
Total Size: 1765764 bytes
            441441 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [bottom_top | 49] x [south_north | 91] x [west_east | 99]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 6
  FieldType : 104
  MemoryOrder : XYZ
  description : Height
  units : m
  stagger :
  coordinates : XLONG XLAT

Variable: dimsv1
Type: integer
Total Size: 12 bytes
            3 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [3]
Coordinates:

Variable: z2
Type: float
Total Size: 1765764 bytes
            441441 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [bottom_top | 49] x [south_north | 91] x [west_east | 99]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 6
  FieldType : 104
  MemoryOrder : XYZ
  description : Height
  units : m
  stagger :
  coordinates : XLONG XLAT

Variable: dimsv2
Type: integer
Total Size: 12 bytes
            3 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [3]
Coordinates:
fatal:_NclBuildArray: each element of a literal array must have the same dimension sizes, at least one item doesn't
fatal:["Execute.c":8567]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 64 in file Comparar_niveles.ncl

The script stops because it seems that the elements of the array have different sizes. I can’t see what is wrong, so attached I send the script. Could you help me?

Best,

Luis Cana