Re: Linear fit line

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 13 2013 - 13:55:48 MDT

Hi Melissa,
I'm not totally sure what you are looking for, but I think you will want
to use regline to calculate your linear fit line. See here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/regline.shtml
and for a plotting example see example #4 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/scatter.shtml#ex4

There are numerous overlay examples here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml
Specifically example #9 might be of some help:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml#ex9

You can also manually overlay your spatial plot and the XY plot, see
overlay example #3 for an example of manually overlaying:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml#ex3

If you have any further questions please let ncl-talk know.
Adam